if youve had a c-section and then get pregnant again fairly shortly after, will you still feel the baby kick?

i asked a question about labor befor and someone said they couldnt feel the contractions so im wondering if the nerves are still gone or something? cuz i swear i could feel my first son by this point of the pregnancy and im starting to get a little worried...

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 3:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had a c section 7 years ago and the area around my scar is still numb but i can feel my baby kick and move around. maybe is his postion he is in for you. how far along are you? if your befor 22wks i wouldnt worry to much about it. my dr told me that somtimes depending on how baby is laying you wont always feel them move.
    Anonymous

• oh lol im only 16 weeks. but when i was pregnant with my first son i could feel the quickening by probalby 14 weeks so im like any day now!!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i had a c-section on july4th 2007 and my belly is still numb from where they cut the nerves. im pretty sure, if i would be pregnant now, i would not feel the kicks.. or better said it would take until late pregnancy, when the baby is bigger.

btw. the c-section, i didnt feel any movements until 24weeks.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yeah, why wouldn't you?

My DD's are 16 months apart. I felt everything.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 4:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• im not sure why you wouldnt, maybe the nerves are still dead? someone who answered another question of mine said she didnt even feel her labor pains after having a c section thats why im wondering.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different. Usually with your 2nd you feel the kicks earlier because you know what they feel like. My first 3 pregnancies were back to back and I felt them kick around 16 weeks, I guess, probably a little earlier with #2 and #3 because I knew what to look for.
    All 3 were c-sections (3 in just over 2 years). My last baby was 3 1/2 years after the third and I remember feeling her kick way later then the first 3. My doctor said she was probably facing the other way so I couldn't feel her kick.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009