Do you ever worry about...

So, up until this point in my life I have been rather healthy. But just recently, at age 29, have had my first taste of what could happen.

After my husband was down and out with the flu, I assumed I had caught his bug. But then some different symptoms came up and there I was, almost a week later, not being able to fulfill my 'mommy and wife' duties like normal. After finding my possible illnesses...well it's scary to say the least.
People say "don't take it for granted". And it is true! I would think about it, but only to the extent of how lucky I was to have found a great guy to spend my life and our great kids. And until you are actually put in a postion of potentially having a serious illness you may never really be able to...not take what you have for granted. Unknowingly, that was me. I just hope anyone reading this may REALLY think about all the 'what if's' in their life. Because everything can change so quickly

MommaM2

Asked by MommaM2 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Health

• It's amazing how much clearer we see when we are faced with serious illness. Back in '98 my appendix ruptured, was misdiagnosed in the ER and I walked around with it for about a week before ending up back in a different hospital. Over the next month, hospitalized with two surgeries and serious antibiotics, I woke up to how precious life is. Within the next couple months, I made drastic changes which helped me move from a numb, miserable life to a much more alive and happier one.

I always refer to that time as the best and worst moment of my life.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 4:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009