What can I use to get rid of the ants......

in my kitchen that come every spring safely? I dont want to use harmful chemicals around my 12 month old.

Mama2Jackson

Asked by Mama2Jackson at 3:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• There is this stuff called TERO. It is like a gel and staysin a cup like thing.

You can buy some and put it where your baby cant reach or get to.

Lowes carries it.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• We use this stuff called Grants kills Ants (I think that's it). We buy it at Sam's Club and Walmart. They are plastic stake like things with enclosed metal circles that have some sort of gel killer in them. There is a little hole on the top of the circle that the ants are attracted to. We have used these for 3 years now and they are awesome. You can just lay them in window sills, on counters or in cabinets. You can also stake them outside of your house near where they are coming in at. They are very small too.
    momof2luvsshoes

Answer by momof2luvsshoes at 4:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• A line of chalk or cayenne pepper along the door.. they can't cross it - and if some make it inside they have a natural aversion to cucumber slices. My grandma swore by that. It totally keeps them away so put a few just outside or inside the doorway.
    Abby101108

Answer by Abby101108 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2009