Has anyone else had a VBAC?

I have had 2 c-sections and we want to try for a girl. I realy want a vaginal birth and have been told by my Doctor that I could have one in a hospital 2 hours from home that is not nearly as nice as the birthing center at the hospital in our area. They don't do them in my hospital due to liability. Is it worth the trip? Or is it better to have a comfortable birthing environment?

missv66

Asked by missv66 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a vaginal delivery with my first child, I had a c section (STILL regret doing it) with my 2nd child and I just had baby #3 in Oct. and I had a NONmedicated VBAC with him!!!!
    You CAN have a VBAC, its just that a lot of doctors wont do them, I say find another doctor personally, there is nothing that says once you have a c section you always have to have one, there is a VEEEEEERY small risk of a uterine rupture but its extreemly small mama, the doctors just dont want to get blamed if something goes wrong, BUT, IMO MORE can go wrong with c sections that with a vaginal birth, even a VBAC birth!
    Do your research mama and good luck to you, dont let some doctor (especially a male doc) tell you that you cant birth your baby, you most certainly CAN birth your baby mama!

ALSO, visit the yahoo group ICAN, its a VBAC support group!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 4:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i think you have to look at the reason behind why you had a c section to dertermine if its realy worth the two hour drive for you plus your dr most likely wont be the one to deliver so you will need to find a dr over in that town.
    IM trying for a vbac but our hospital allows them and i have only had one prior c sectin and it was due to my son not tolerating labor well turned out his cord was wrapped around his neck and while contracting was being compressed. so my chances are a big higher then someone who had a c section because there baby was to big.
    Do your research on that hospital, find out what there vbac rate is? if they are prepared for a emergency incase something does happen.
    Anonymous

• ugh i dont know but im in a similar situation as you! i had a c section and now im pregnant again but not much time has passed so they dont know if they'll let me have a c section and my husband doesnt want me to risk it but i really want to have a natural birth. its a tough choice! i didnt even notice where i was during labor, lol so i guess it just depends on how your other labors were. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I had a vba2c in 2007 and will have another with this baby very soon. I used a midwife. I did find one hospital in my area willing to give me a trial of labor but I wasn't comfy with them. It can be done!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2009