5 yr old daytime accidents

, my son who is now 5-1/2 has been having numerous accidents.. it started when we sold our house, moved in with my parents for 2 months while our house was done, then we moved in & he switched daycares..so.,.,, the first 6 months of accidents I was not surprised about as that is far too many changes - now.. here we are,, been in our house for 1-1/2 and they are still constant. No bladder infections, tried potty charts, reward charts, being understanding, disciplining him, taking things away, making HIM clean his underpants, now to having him clean the litter box and toilets, bribing him that he can buy anything he wants if he goes a month without an accident.. we dont know what to do anymore.. he started kindergarten this year, i dont want him being the kid who pees and poops himself.. I NKow he HATES the smell of poop and to wipe ( he's very clean and sensitive to smell ) still, everyone has to do it, he has to get used to it, he waits til the VERY last minute before he has to pee, we've also tried making him go every hour whether he wants to or not... idk what to do anymore

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 9:26 PM on May. 21, 2013 in General Parenting

• Yeah, we will do it every hour, he fights us and says he doesnt have to go so we say "ok prove me wrong then" he'd go in there and pee like he hadn't all day.. you can catch those "I have to poop " moments and we still have to make him go or he's clench and just say he doesnt have to go,,
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 9:36 PM on May. 21, 2013

• Have you went back to reminding him. Or telling him to go to the bathroom. Basicly retraining him. At that agew sometimes kids hold it tell they are about to pee on them selves.

Answer by louise2 at 9:32 PM on May. 21, 2013