Where do you buy that?

I just saw someone post something about red raspberry leaf tea. Where do you buy that stuff? I've heard terrible things about castor oil, so I don't think I would try that. I figure that tea couldn't hurt anything. Does anyone know where I can buy it? Do you think they would have it at the grocery store like in the tea isle, or the vitamin isles?

pinkbutterfly

Asked by pinkbutterfly at 4:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Red Raspberry Leaf tea wont induce labor, or soften the cervix. It strengthen and tones your uterine and pelvic muscles. But you could try it any way and it wont hurt you. :)

Health food stores mostly. Regular Raspberry tea wont work, it has to be Red Raspberry leaf and I haven't seen it in grocery stores before lol. But maybe?!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My guess would be to check at a natural foods store, but I'd be very careful.

'Natural' foods and products don't always produce the best side effects. Just because its natural doesn't mean it should go in your body!
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 4:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• if your trying to use it to bring on labor i dont believe it works it does however help your milk come in after delivery.
    it taste great and you can find it at most health food stores.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You can get it at a health food store. I did have some help from the tea. It is said to help soften the cervix to help move things along. It only helped a little for me, but it tastes good.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i tried it, and it didnt do anything for me. if sex is an option, thats the best way to get things moving. Sperm helps to soften your cervix. I know it feels like an eternity waiting for the baby to come, but he/she will come when their ready... its nice to think there may be "labor inducers" out there, but realistically its up to your baby
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 4:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• LOL well I guess it doesn't hurt to try it once. I just saw someone post something about it so I figured it might help. I'm already 3cm, and if I don't have this baby by next Thursday I'm going to get induced at 9am. The baby is going to be too large if he doesn't come out soon. My last one was 10 14 at 38 weeks, so I just figured if I could go a bit earlier I wouldn't have to be pushing out an 11lb baby this time. I guess it doesn't hurt to try.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 4:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i got mine at the regular old grocery store.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Walmart has it in the tea isle. I'm a big fan of chamomile and tension tamer tea. Especially while I was pregnant, it helps you relax. But I would check with my doctor before drinking it on a regular basis.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Raspberry tea worked for me (unless the timing was perfect) and I bought it at the grocery store. I was in the same boat, going to get induced so I tried it and within 24 hours, I had a beautiful baby girl.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 1:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2009