I colored my hair which is very long with a dye called truffle , it had a red, blue toner which has now turned my hair on top purple mainly my grey rootsm, and the length part is dark brown I want the purple gone what do I do?

Fizzing

Asked by Fizzing at 9:27 PM on May. 21, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Post a picture.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:28 PM on May. 21, 2013

• Dye it brown.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:28 PM on May. 21, 2013

• don't dye over it again, it's not needed. all violet toners are temporary and will wash out quickly. if you just shampoo your hair (with a non purple shampoo) it will be gone within 2-3 washes guaranteed.
    Go to a salon, they should be able to get it out right away and they can touch up the outgrowth and make it match the rest of your hair....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:43 PM on May. 21, 2013

• You can buy Un-Color, which is a chemical that removes dye color from hair. There are several brands but here is an example of one:

http://www.folica.com/hair-color/hair-color-correction/clairol-the-uncolor-system-haircolor-remover

You could also buy a dark brown dye and only apply it to the gray roots, leave it in for about 1 hour.

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:47 AM on May. 22, 2013