Too Funny

Just a mommy moment.. my husband and i were SOOO Painfully shy growing up, our son, 5 yrs old, is NOT lol! and i love it.. we are at the checkout and target and he is cautious of people but if they talk to him first, its game on, he'll tell them his age, what he did that day, if i bought him something why I got it for him, what it is and why he wanted it etc.,., I lvoe how MOST people respond to this.. he came to work with me saturday for 4 hours and he talked my bosses ear off, he loved it, he actually did have to walk away from him a couple times and my son just kept talking louder.. being SO shy, I am so happy he's so talkative.. and he's cautious about it..

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 10:16 PM on May. 21, 2013 in General Parenting

• I've always been super shy - socially anxious, almost - as well, and I love that our son (who is five also, haha) is the same way as yours, except he doesn't even wait for them to speak first. I've been trying to instill in him a reasonable level of caution, because he'll do the same as yours - he'll tell ANYONE our names, ages, etc, etc haha - and I just want him to remember that he does need to be careful of how much he tells people (they don't need to know where we live or that daddy is gone all night at work, for example). But I do hope that he stays this confident, I know exactly what you mean. The idea of speaking to anyone growing up scared the heck out of me, and I don't want that for my son. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:40 PM on May. 21, 2013

• clapping

leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:40 PM on May. 21, 2013

• I find it hard to strike up conversations with people, and I also love it that my daughter will talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere when she's with me. Most people respond wel and seem to be genuinely touched or amused.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:00 PM on May. 21, 2013