Hi so do you ever get depressed

Well Im happy but I think just stressed which is making me depressed.
It's bad, I'm bad
Its because the love of my life broke up with me.
I was very sad and confused but moved on a little.
then this amazing man came into my life and we are stoked on each other
but its almost like I did not have enough time to heal.
But at the same time, I could not pass this guy up he was so good, and so right for me.
So today I had a quarter life crisis. I've had no internet for weeks, I've been looking for more work, while also trying to get pregers. Why? Dont even ask, it's all so weird but this is what the universe is telling me to do, its telling me its all going to be alright. Because I know he is the one for me and we have only been dating one and a half months and we already want to get married and have kids. So we are also moving out together to a smaller one bedroom instead of our two apartments. We are going to save one thousand a month and save for our family and all of that. So I am stressed about finding a place, and finding more work because although I'm a teacher, I could always use more of an income, because sadly its not enough money. Fuck the state for that. Vent sorry. So I'm stresssed right. On top of all of that, he is gone every week. He goes to Bakersfield for work and who cares that I miss him, the more important thing is that I just want his help to move this little life of ours along. He's so optimistic, I love it, but here I am stressing and feeling bogged down in this tough life. He makes way more money than me and I dont like it. In my last relationship I made more than him, so I am not used to it I guess. I like being sugar mama but I am not that anymore.
So any comments on this, my friends have said be grateful for what I have, including my job, but its hard for me, because with all the qualifications, I'm just still not making enough, not making what I deserve. Please support if you have any words of wisdom or advice. I am 24 years old and feeling bogged down by life. I am also not pregnant at the moment but am depressed because I have the the tendency to drink, so I'm scared. I am practicing not drinking, only one glass of wine a couple nights a week is what I drink I am not going to let it stop me from my family. So advice please, tell me what it was like when you were 24 thanks
oh ps I also called my ex husband today, which was very random.
I just wanted to see if he was still alive. Ok thanks

lullaby572

Asked by lullaby572 at 11:56 PM on May. 21, 2013 in Relationships

• Go get help.
    At 24 you should be having the time of your life!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:00 AM on May. 22, 2013

• You are NOWHERE NEAR ready to be thinking about another relationship or a baby. So just stop. You have a lot of growing up to do. You need to be to the point where you don't NEED a man or a baby but they'd be nice to have. They're additions to life, not conditions FOR life.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:02 AM on May. 22, 2013

• There is a difference between being sad or stressed and being depressed.
    At 24 I was planning my wedding which was stressful to say the least. Go and have fun. You do not need to be in a relationship all the time but you do need to find out who you are. When you do that you will find life is more enjoyable and you will probably find the person that is right for you. No rush.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:05 AM on May. 22, 2013

• And do not get pregnant until you do find yourself.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:07 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Yeah I agree with the others. You should hold off on having a baby. Most people don't have babies until around age 30. Get your life in order first so that the baby can come into the world without the parents being stressed out and with financial security. Never rush into something. I think you need to be okay being alone with yourself first. At around your age, I took a few years off from dating completely and just focused on having fun, building friendships, building my career, finishing school, etc. Best decision I ever made. I loved waking up not having to worry about anyone, argue with anyone, and to whatever I wanted. I would kill to have this kind of time to myself now. Have fun while you'e young enough to have the energy. At around age 25-26, I began to feel old and lose energy. Now I don't go out that much but I'm glad I did when I was young.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:13 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I agree with everyone else. You need to slow down and focus on yourself. I had my son at 22 (out of my own stupidity)and if I had it all to do again I would not have him so young I wouldn't have been thinking about having a child until about now or a little later, I'm 27.

Go find yourself. Explore teaching, get experience until you can get a job you love at a place you feel most valued.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:50 AM on May. 22, 2013

• thanks \
    I wonder whats all this Go Find Yourself talk
    I DO have a degree in Psychology ya know and I DO know more about myself than anyone on this planet lol
    but its ok
    thanks ladies
    lullaby572

Comment by lullaby572 (original poster) at 1:14 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Yea, whats up with all this finding yourself?
    What I need is more income!!
    NO baby until more income guh
    I've been waiting too long for this family to happen
    I can only wait so much longer
    And at 24 I should be "having fun" but no Im ready Ive had my fun
    I can say right now that I will not regret a damn thing like some of you ladies might, like starting a family too young. Well let me tell you, you did not miss much, there is Nooooo oooone out there these days in terms of dating, wow, most people truly suck
    I am lucky to have found this person so quick. so boo ya it's happening! And btw my best friend is 30 and still has no child, and I would NOT want to be in that boat. So I'm lucky to be doing what I'm doing. Also, I am infertile I believe so I do not think it will be anytime so soon, but the fact I am wanting it again is exciting. We cannot take these feelings for granted! And I dont want anyone telling me to hold off! K gn
    lullaby572

Comment by lullaby572 (original poster) at 1:22 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Oh and I dont need help because although life got me down, I still am having (but mostly have already have had) the time of my life.
    Lets just say I'm Drew Barrymore because my life is simular to hers.
    Lots of drugs partying and sex as a preteen
    Grew up fast
    No mom no dad so need that family of my own to feel like I have one.
    Get it?
    so yea Im ready. Been ready
    lullaby572

Comment by lullaby572 (original poster) at 1:26 AM on May. 22, 2013

• sounds like you have alot going on in your life, I wish I had more advice for you. At 24 I was getting married. Now, I'm divorced and I have a 3.5 year old son. I've moved on from ex. I'm starting over. My two cents is that you may think you have it all figured out but dreams, priorties can change, also if you are feeling depressed, it might be good to talk to someone. But, yes, it's normal to get depressed, but it's best to recognize it and work through it, rather then acting like it's nothing.
    Good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:11 PM on May. 22, 2013