Best quote - ever?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 12:10 AM on May. 22, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• if she said "i prayed that we would be spared/live/survive" whatever, good for her.

but she didnt...she said "i did something illegal cause the big bad govt is against me forcing my students to listen to me pray every day before i start class. and b/c i didnt listen to the big mean anti-Christian govt we survived, neener neener. bring back school mandated prayer!"

so no. i dont see it as a best quote ever...i see it as a misguided attempt to make prayer in school an issue when there are FAR more important things right now...like taking care of the families who's prayers werent answered and those who lost everything.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:26 PM on May. 22, 2013

• This IS a big slap in the face to the people who lost loved ones and homes in this tragedy. People who weren't lucky enough to have gods answering THEIR prayers. It isn't the best anything. It's vicious and rude.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:30 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Not sure what to say...I mean pray that he saves you? The kids? then what when it's all over and you see the destruction, how do you explain that yeah-you were saved, but some others weren't...did they not pray out loud?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:17 AM on May. 22, 2013

• As long as she was comforted, that's all that matters, right? Screw the dead.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:19 AM on May. 22, 2013

• She could've just said "I prayed". But, no...she wanted to use this time of tragedy to push the prayer in school agenda...tactless.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:10 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Wow- it's amazing how some people can twist things around to fit their own agendas. That teacher did what she did to comfort herself & her students. She was also telling them they would all be alright. I would want a teacher like that around my children in a time of crisis.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:04 AM on May. 22, 2013

• That teacher did what she did to comfort herself & her students.

And then she went on tv and set out to make it an issue. She choose how to present her actions, and she went for the controversial route. Don't like it - blame the "hero" who is trying to politicize huddling from a storm in the bathroom.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:56 PM on May. 22, 2013

• I think it's good that she held to her beliefs in a time of crisis, but then again, if you think you're about to die, who wouldn't?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:22 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Maybe she prayed to the right god and the ones who died prayed to the wrong one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on May. 22, 2013

• The only ones making it an issue are those in the media, & those who oppose her words or beliefs.

ROFL whatever you say. It's everyone else's fault. Has nothing to do with the people posting that pic all over facebook and insisting it's a sign that we need Jesus back in public school.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:17 PM on May. 22, 2013