Again, the media, namely CBS talked out there ass before checking facts...f**cking idoits...

There are numerous media outlets claiming that this OK tornado was the "worst in the world". While it does rank up there in size the duration and wind speed, it certainly was not not the worst in the world! In the US the worst tornado to date was the tri-state tornado and 695 people died there. It has yet to be any other tornado that has killed so many people, not even the 2011 outbreak. And hope to God and all his angels, that never happens! But the worst tornado in the world took place in Bangladesh in 1989, and there were 13oo tornado related deaths, or at least confirmed anyway. Some say it could be at least 2000 people.
Why doesn't the media even bother to check facts anymore? Ya there is the Freedom of Speech, but I guess it applies to lying out the ass, then just do a retract the next day after many folks read their reports, and had the ratings. Fucking morons. CNN ranks up there for being the worst! And many people thought FOX news were the worst... Oh and all media has a serious issue with OCD, well media news outlets, they have drugs for that now!
But I bet Obama is loving this. It takes the focus off him and his utter failings and controversies, and cover ups..And I am sure there some paranoid conspiracy morons that think the Obama Admin did this just so the focus would shift off of him. Just like some think the govt "steered" hurricane Katrina to New Orleans to "wipe out the black folks" *rolleyes*

Ok, ok...rant over..lol

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:15 AM on May. 22, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• well...the whole "worst in the world" statement came from Mike Morgan...one of our local meteorologist news guys. he said it while the tornado was still on the ground and he has a tendency to get worked up. i think the big networks just picked up on that and ran with it. i heard him say it on air with my own ears and i rolled my eyes...many ppl did haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:39 AM on May. 22, 2013

• It's like the telephone game. Someone says "worst in the world and someone else hears that and adds a little more to it, and pretty soon the whole thing is out of hand.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:52 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I think our chopper pilot said something like that too, but he lives in Moore so I can understand why he would be freaking out a little. The local news people I can understand getting caught up in the moment, but maybe some of the bigger news stations should've checked that out before reporting it lol.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 2:19 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Maybe they are referring in terms of monetary costs? But I know what you mean about the lack of integrity & fact checking before something gets aired or goes to press. Seems like that has been lost & it's just easier to retract the false statements later. :/

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:54 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Yeah Mike Morgan got worked up because from the radar it looked worse than the May 3rd tornado which had the highest wind speeds ever recorded. It was a monster though. I felt the winds all the way at my house and got some debris and broken branches from it.

Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 1:56 AM on May. 22, 2013

• This is why I tend to avoid the news. Sometimes I find it easier just to avoid knowing about stuff like this altogether, because it seems like no one can be bothered to get the facts right. When I do decide to get my news, I usually go online, and I check out several different sites and try to figure out what *might* be the truth.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:10 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I usually get my weather related news from our local meteorolgist's weather blog. I respect his opinion/info when it's related to the weather, especially when 'they' start comparing tornadoes and hurricanes and the like.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:30 AM on May. 22, 2013

• LOL..I do wonder sometimes!
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 1:41 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Holly...Ya, I knew the tornado from 1999 had winds recorded at 301 mph, the fastest wind speed on earth.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 2:11 AM on May. 22, 2013