Can she get fired or get in trouble for posting this on her Facebook page>??

Here what it says..........."I'm sorry sir I didn't realize in order to get a tip from a drunk ignorant hick I had to get groped and agree to go home with you. I'm s server not a hooker. Anyone else hate ignorant old alcoholics?"
Can she get in trouble for that?

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:40 AM on May. 22, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• It probably wasn't her wisest move to write it down. She can say anything she wants, but once you put something in writing, it never goes away. Poor thing, it sucks to feel like a piece of meat that way.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:55 AM on May. 22, 2013

• How about can he get in trouble for harassing and groping her!!! Anyway, I wouldnt think so, she doesnt mention any names or the name of her job, guess it all depends on where she works and what their policies are and if anything was signed in relation to social media do's and dont's, I dont know if i would want to work for a company that accepts their employees being harassed.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 5:05 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Since it is pretty generic I would say no, but you can never be too sure these days.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:53 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I would think no, since like the others said, it was generic. She didn't post a photo of him, or post his name, or even where she works.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:54 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Like the others said, probably not. But if I were her, I'd be looking for more suitable employment opportunities. The poor thing.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:02 AM on May. 22, 2013

• As long as it's not marked public & she doesn't have a lot of coworkers listed as friends on FB. But, if her boss can see it, she may get some kind of reprimand.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:20 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I suppose that depends entirely on her employer. If they do not have a policy against using social media in reference to their jobs, I'm sure that this goes somewhere neatly in a file and even if she doesn't know about it, it will be used against her at some point.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:31 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I doubt they will fire her. If her customers connect this with the server they usually have, they may ask for someone else. If that happens she will probably lose the job or it will not be worth her time to go.
    Of course she does not have to put up with that kind of behavior. She also needs to get it out of her head that a customer HAS to give her a tip. They do not. When you work around drunks you have to know that their inhibitions are down and they do all kinds of things they should not do. Sadly, that is part and parcel with that sort of job.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:38 AM on May. 22, 2013

• she didnt list her employer, she didnt list the customer's name, so id say no. if i was her boss id want to know who the drunk gross man was so i could keep him from coming back!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:53 AM on May. 22, 2013