If your husband threw a fit every time you cut your hair...

I have a very square face so when I'm samller in weight my face still looks big, so a little past my shoulders looks better to him. I love my hair short and sassy, not a very short cut but above my shoulders.I love the way short hair looks on me no matter what the so to speak hair/ face rules are and I have 4 kids and a household to care for and him.He gives me fits about not letting my hair get real long..loves long hair but we are in out 40's and 50's and I hate dealing with long hair, its stays up anyways.it really hurts my feelings because I feel like I'm unattraced to him with it short but I love it and want to get it cut like that again.I'm not an ugly women or just look bad with short hair to me and others..just to him.I don't have time for long locksss;)))What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Get your hair cut the way you want. If you feel sexy you will act that way and all the better for HIM.

If he loves long hair that much, buy him a wig to wear!!!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I would shave it to teach him a lesson.

No, just kidding! I would tell him how it hurts your feelings and how it is easier for you to keep it short. Men sometimes are slow. lol. They must have things spelled out for them.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I tell mine that it is my hair, I have to wash it, dry it, brush it and deal with it. If he wants to take on those responsibilities then he is welcome to. I haven't had an argument in a long time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• He's probably just jealous! Has his hairline started receding?! LOL
    Anonymous

• When my husband and I met I could sit on my hair. 6 weeks after the birth of our first child I cut it to shoulder length. He had a hissy. I told him "when you wash, dry brush and attend to my hair everyday you can have a say it how it is cut." Several yrs later I was in the hospital after complicated surgery for 2 weeks. He had to help wash my hair and all twice. He told me later "I will never give you crap about your hair again. I din't realize it was so much work"
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i was going to suggest you have him tend to you long hair one day and see what a pain in the ass it is. is it possible. have him blow dry it wash it in the shower and condition it. i think he would get the point then when he see how long it takes to blow dry the hair etc. i would just tell him i'm sorry you feel that way but i like this why because..... and then tell him that he has to accept you for you and not your hair.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• If such a simple thing as me letting my hair be long made the man I loved happy I'd let it grow. This is how he thinks you look best. Why is this such a big issue?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• buy a wig! That way if you want to play around, you cand throw on the wig! I'm sure he'd love it. And you can keep your hair as short as you want it. I think it's a GREAT idea.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Next time he says something about your hair, tell him if he does it again, you will shave bald, and I bet he will shut his hole.Men don't have common sense a lot of the time and this is one of them. I have short hair, and wear it short and sassy☺ My husband knows he will get an earful if he tries to tell me how to wear mine.I have to deal with it, not him. I am not 6 years old, I am a Mom and I also work outside the home.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I keep mine long because my husband loves it. I prefer shorter hair. Our deal is that he can never complain about how much it costs to take care of along with the cost for products. To me it is just not worth fighting about. When I have a busy day and do not have time to do my hair, I twist it and put it up.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2009