Did any ladies gain weight from depo provera birth control and are unable to lose the weight?

what was your previous weight before depo, and what is your current weight

sweetcakes904

Asked by sweetcakes904 at 7:19 AM on May. 22, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • I chose not to do the depo shot, because I tried different forms of the pill, & they all made me sick, & couldn't imagine getting stuck feeling like that, until the shot was out of my system, if it had the same effect on me... but I was told by my dr. that most women gain at least 10 lbs w/ the shot, & many gain 20+, & it's very difficult to get that weight off afterwards.... So good luck... Not sure if she meant that it was hard to take the weight off while still on the shot, or if it was harder to take it off after getting off the shot.... sorry...
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:18 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Gained 20 lbs within 2 weeks of getting the shot and only managed to lose 10 by the time next shot was due each time. I quit after 3 shots and gaining 60 lbs but only being able to lose 30 of it. I was 120 before and 150 after. That was years ago though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Daughter gained about 15 lbs. during her two months on it. It took her six months to readjust after stopping to lose the weight and get back to normal.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:05 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I went on the Depo shot shortly after I had my son over 3 years ago now. But, granted after I had him I was pretty heavy, so I started at about 220 and gained about 10 lbs on it. I decided after the first go around of 3 months to never go back on it. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:59 AM on May. 24, 2013

• Its been a few years so I don't remember my weights. I remember I put on about 25 lbs.
    evanaudrey

Answer by evanaudrey at 3:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2013