House shopping

I live in a small town, found a house in a nearby town on craiglists, was also on our local fb rummage sites. They are selling w-o realtor. The house is amazing, and seems to be a cheap price. Anyways, I can't get that big of a house loan right now and had asked if they would just rent or contract for deed. He said yes, but he owes back taxes. It was built in 2008. Is that why no realtor? Do you suppose they are selling cheap bc they are steps away from foreclosure? Whats your opinion? He said he'd ant 10% down and gave us a monthly payment amount. But I just wana make sure we know what we getting into..

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 8:22 AM on May. 22, 2013 in Home & Garden

• It doesn't matter really why they are selling without a realtor, but it does matter that you have a thorough inspection by an inspector of your choice and have a lawyer do the paperwork. You need to be protected and should never buy a house without those two things IMO. GL!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:33 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I would hire an attorney to look over any contracts and also insist on an inspection.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:21 AM on May. 22, 2013