Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i live in the okc area and am being evicted out of my home. I have 2 girls and nowhere to go, is there anyway i can get emergency section8

Answer Question

Asked by stressedmom2325 at 8:35 AM on May. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Call your local Social Services and ask

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:37 AM on May. 22, 2013

  • Honestly probably not because they have to rehome the people who were on section 8 that lost their homes.

    Answer by funlovinlady at 8:41 AM on May. 22, 2013

  • Social Services should be able to help you find shelters in the area.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:41 AM on May. 22, 2013

  • i dunno about emergency section 8 but you can try local charities, Jesus House, the Hope Center (Edmond), the YWCA...but its going to be pretty difficult to get any help right now, what with all the services going toward those displaced by the tornado.

    Answer by okmanders at 10:28 AM on May. 22, 2013

  • no there is no emergency section 8. Call your dss and ask for numbers of places you can call.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on May. 22, 2013

  • Call 211

    Answer by Dardenella at 11:40 AM on May. 22, 2013

  • Not saying this is the most moral option but try one of the storm shelters. At least it's better than the street.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on May. 22, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.