Have you or will you

teach your kids about how sex and pregnancy ACTUALLY work?

I feel the need to ask this because we keep having so many questions that seem that they would be common knowledge. I am wondering if parents pulled the kids out of sex- ed and then failed to teach them anything themselves.
seriously

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 9:14 AM on May. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

• Yes, when the time comes. I don't want them to think that just because they didn't have sex during the woman's fertile days that it can't happen though. Just looking at some of the questions in the Pregnancy category make me want to drill the information into my kid's heads so they don't go on the internet posting questions like those we see here daily. Honestly, if you don't know the basic reproductive information, then you shouldn't be having sex at all.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:33 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Yes the kids know anytime a penis and vagina get near each other there is a chance of pregnancy
    They also know no contraception is 100% unless its keeping your privates completely away from the privates of a members of the opposite sex
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:52 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I will, not anytime too soon, since they are 6 & 3 but, I will. They're already learning about periods, mainly because I never get to go to the bathroom alone. LOL They know they'll get one when they're older and what pads are.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:20 AM on May. 22, 2013

• My son has asked about it I have spoken.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:25 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Yes I will when the time comes. My boys are only 6 and 1 but I am already terrified of what could happen, between my brothers custody battles (they were teen parents) and all the teen mom shows, apparently boys are pretty ignorant about these things and think it's solely the woman's responsibility and it's not! Kids are having sex younger and younger it's scary! We had sex ed in 9th grade, but these days that's probably too late
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:17 AM on May. 22, 2013

• My kids are 4, 5 & 7 and already know alot about it. We live on a farm and they've seen the animals going at it so lots of questions. I've always believed in being honest with them. In a few more years we'll sit down with the oldest and have "The talk" to make sure he's fully understanding that he would be a daddy forever even at 12/13 and would be paying for his child. That his child could be in Kindergarden when he's graduating from High School. That a baby is not an accident but a choice that 2 kids made when they decided to have sex even with protection.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:42 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Yes. As someone who used to work at an OB/Gyn clinic, I feel extra pressure to make sure my kids know how it works. Pretty sure my daughter will ask if she has any further questions.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:19 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Yes I will
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:20 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Yes I did
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:21 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Yes I have with my oldest. We're just getting into it with my 8 yo, but my boys were there when I delivered my oldest daughter , they watched the entire birth :D
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:52 AM on May. 22, 2013