How do you make your French Toast?

I've tried making French Toast and it never comes out good any pointers or how you make them?

Femommy

Asked by Femommy at 9:27 AM on May. 22, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Lately the only way I do it is overnight baked french toast. You can google the recipe, which is how I got it.

Answer by missanc at 9:37 AM on May. 22, 2013

• i have my DH make it :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:43 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I beat eggs, add sugar and cinnamon and a little bit of milk and vanilla, dip the bread, put it on the skillet - you have to let it sit until it cooks or it'll stick to the surface of whatever you're cooking it on. Sometimes I'll make "stuffed" french toast, where I'll make like sandwiches with nutella or cream cheese, etc, and dip them and cook them, and then top them with strawberries or something. I'll bake french toast sticks (cut the bread into thirds, dip and bake on a cookie sheet), etc, etc. There's all sorts of ways you can do it - in the crock pot, in the oven, etc, etc. Maybe you'll find a way that works better for you than whatever you've been trying :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:56 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I like to take my eggs and add a little splash of milk and some cinnamon to it. dip the bread in and cover both sides. make sure to have a hot pan/griddle. brown on one side and put a little butter on while the other is cooking and then flip again. tastes pretty good when done.

that's how I do it... :0)
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 9:57 AM on May. 22, 2013

• beat eggs, milk, dash of vanilla and cinnamon together, get my skillet hot, spray with Pam, dunk the bread in the egg mix then put it on the pan, cook both sides, while still hot add butter, cinnamon and powdered sugar. Viola!
    If you're feeling really fancy, spread a cream cheese, or jam of your choice in between two slices of bread making a sandwich, then dip in the egg, and cook both sides, topping with butter, powdered sugar and cinnamon.
    I also like overnight baked French toast like posted above, over night pumpkin French toast is Awesome(We have that for Thanksgiving breakfast)!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:01 AM on May. 22, 2013

• OMG BandGeek! I never thought to Add Nutella to the Sandwiches'! I know what's for breakfast this weekend!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:03 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I've never made a decent French toast.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 10:03 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I like doing mine in the oven, and sprinkling the dipped pieces with a bit of cinnamon-sugar before baking them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:26 PM on May. 22, 2013

• I just beat some eggs up and lay the bread in it for a while to absorbe the egg. Flip it over do the same thing. Throw som butter in a hot pan. Can't be to hot, because it will burn the bread. Cook on both sides. And Wala, done. Easy peasy! Not that hard at all.

Answer by louise2 at 1:47 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Hubby and I had this debate the other night. His mom just basically made "egg bread", and he wondered why he didn't like it.

Scramble eggs, add a splash of milk, 1 tsp of sugar and add cinnamon. Dunk bread in egg mixture and into pan. Flip after 2 minutes.
    Serve with butter and syrup.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:21 PM on May. 22, 2013