New vehicle fever

Just looking into getting a bigger sized vehicle. I still owe on my last one, not sure I will be able to privately sell it and get what I need to pay it off. Can you trade it in and add that to your loan for your other vehicle? Just curious. Thanks

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 9:28 AM on May. 22, 2013 in Shopping

• they will give you a trade for you car that you have now. what they don't pay you is what you will be upside down in and they will tack it on to the end of your note. depending on the type and price of car it can get more expensive to do that.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:01 AM on May. 22, 2013

• Some dealerships will let you, but since you will owe more than the car is worth it's not a great idea for you.

Answer by missanc at 9:49 AM on May. 22, 2013

• oh and it's also a good idea to get the kelly blue book value of your car that you have. if at all possible get your payoff quote from the car you have now because some dealerships think they can get more if you aren't sure of what you owe.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:02 AM on May. 22, 2013

• You typically get less for trading a car in than doing a private sale.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:31 AM on May. 22, 2013