Shrimp for supper?

I want to cook shrimp tonight but I want to cook it a different way. How do you cook them?

Femommy

Asked by Femommy at 9:29 AM on May. 22, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Skewer them with onions, mushrooms and peppers grill them. I sprinkle them with lemon pepper seasoning and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice when done.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:31 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I like them as a topping on steak, put them in with fettuccini alfredo, chop them in a salsa, make shrimp scampi pasta, good ol shrimp cocktail, add them to noodles and oyster sauce for a little Asian flair
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:36 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I marinate them for about 20 minutes in olive oil, fresh lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper for about 20 minutes. While they are sitting for the 20 minutes I dice tomato (about 2-3 romas without the seeds) and fresh cilantro and set that aside. I take the shrimp from the marinade with a slotted spoon (reserve marinade) and saute them until they are cooked - which doesn't take very long, other than having to turn them over to cook evenly. Then I pour the marinade in with the shrimp and add the tomato and cilantro, cover and cook just until heated through (a minute or two). Then I serve it over angel hair pasta.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:42 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I sit them for half an hour in olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and lots of freshly crushed garlic. Then I put them into a hot skillet and sauté them until they turn pink and flambé them with pastis (pernod, ricard, that kind of thing) if I have it, if not with whisky. Hey presto - crevettes provençales!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 9:47 AM on May. 22, 2013

• I cook shrimp once a week. You can bring a pot of water to boil with lemons, Tony Chaceries( Cajun seasoning), cayenne, pepper, butter, worcheshire and do shrimp cocktail.

Or....grill or broil a jalapeño. Remove some seeds. Place a slice of jalapeño in butterflied shrimp. Wrap it in bacon. Grill for 4 minutes, depending on size.

Or, make a shrimp stock from the heads and shells and make a gumbo. Or étouffée. Or courtbuillion. Or shrimp Creole.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 10:01 AM on May. 22, 2013

• bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:03 AM on May. 22, 2013

• bandgeek521 that looks wonderful..... I might just have to try that.
    Femommy

Comment by Femommy (original poster) at 11:09 AM on May. 22, 2013

• It was really good :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:03 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Can saute them quickly in butter. They cook fast.

Answer by louise2 at 1:35 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Honey Lime Shrimp
    serves 2
    1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 T honey
    juice of one small lime, or half a large lime (2-3 T)
    zest of one small lime, or half a large lime
    2 cloves garlic, smashed
    1/2 tsp kosher salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
    1.) In a large ziploc bag, combine all the marinade ingredients. When everything is well-combined, add the shrimp, squeeze as much air as possible out of the bag, and close it up. Place it in the fridge.
    2.) Let the shrimp marinate for 30-60 minutes, flipping the bag around once or twice during that time, so that all the shrimp stay evenly covered in the marinade.
    3.) When you’re ready to cook, take the shrimp out of the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; don't add any oil or butter to the pan, as the marinade has enough oil in it to keep the shrimp
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:16 PM on May. 22, 2013