What should I wear for an interview at a restaurant?

it's not just for fun, but I want answers! lol well I have an interview at Sonny's BBQ and I was wondering.. do I really have to wear a suit? I've tried applying for clerical office jobs, but nobody is hiring. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Dress nicely...but don't overdress. Your clothing should take into consideration the kind of job it is. You wouldn't wear a suit to interview as a ranch hand for example. If it is like a Steakhouse I would still wear a nice pair of trousers, not jeans. A nice blouse. Minimal to no jewelry and no perfume. If it is more like fast food look nice but don't overdo it. Def. not a suit unless you are a Chef and applying at a high end place.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I would just wear something that I know I look nice in and something that would be appropriate maybe for the job for which you are applying.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• GrnEyedGrandma hit the nail right on the head.
    Best wishes and good luck!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I was an HR Generalist (currently taking a break) and spent most of my day interviewing people. One of the things that irked me the most is someone that looked like they just didn't care. I would rather see someone overdressed than under. GrnEyedGrandma is right. Maybe a nice pair of trousers and a nice top. For clerical jobs stick to dress pants and a blouse. Good luck!!!!
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2009