Would You/Have You Upgrade your Wedding Ring?

Saw this Question on The Stir and it had me wondering about you ladies. Would You/Have You upgraded your rings?

I would like to, but I don't know if I will. We got married at 19, you can imagine the budget we were on. It cost $100, the diamond is so small that sometimes I think it fell out! But I do love it. I like the style, but wouldn't mind a bigger diamond that you could actually see. And sadly, the bands on both the engagement ring and wedding band have boken in two. They are still wearable, but I do worry about losing them. Now DH has had about 7rings because he keeps losing them, so he gets the cheapest band Wal-Mart has to offer at this point.

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 12:05 PM on May. 22, 2013 in Shopping

• I have gotten a new one, since we had to pawn my old set when times were really tough... I guess the new one is a bit of an upgrade, but not by much.... lol.... In the end I would've been perfectly happy sticking w/ the old one... though it may not have been my first pick, dh picked it out on his own, & that means a lot...
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 12:24 PM on May. 22, 2013

•  I got a wrap for my engagement ring

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:26 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Yes, upgraded it the year I turned 50 and we were celebrating 30 years of marriage. I had original diamond reset in a new band with side diamonds.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 5:23 PM on May. 22, 2013

• I got married at 18, but I worked for a jewelry store at the time and got a fantastic deal. My wedding set is exactly the sort of thing I would pick now, almost 16 years later. I haven't worn it in a a while though because after I had my youngest, it didn't fit right, and right after that, my husband got me an anniversary band for our 8th anniversary. I wear that with a gold band next to it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:29 PM on May. 22, 2013

• No, I wouldn't have. The ring I wore belonged to my husband's mother, so it meant a lot to both of us. When we divorced, I gave it back to him because his mom had died, and I knew the ring had more sentimental value to him than it did to me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:30 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Resized
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:39 PM on May. 22, 2013

• On our 10th anniversary I plan to get a wrap for my original, but i wouldn't want anything bigger than what I have (just over a carat) and you can't buy better quality.

Answer by missanc at 12:40 PM on May. 22, 2013

• No, I've lost two rings in the ocean and one at an amusement park. I don't even wear a wedding ring anymore.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:41 PM on May. 22, 2013

• I'm still wearing my original wedding band. It's now more than 48 years old. I still have basically the same engagement ring, although it has had to be remounted twice because the band wore into on it. My wedding band is wider and heavier so it has endured!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:30 PM on May. 22, 2013

• My engagement ring setting was a really high one & it bent one day at work & the stone became loose. So I went to a jeweler & had it reset in the Past, Present & Future style setting with two more diamonds, one on each side of the center stone. I had it done in white gold. My wedding band was also diamonds across the top but it is set in yellow gold so I had that dipped in platinum so it would match the engagement ring. I never wear them besides for going out dressed up though. I wear a fake diamond eternity band every day (if I go out shopping or run errands) instead. LOL! I have no idea why!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:46 PM on May. 22, 2013