Moms of boys & girls...question? adult content

This may sound silly but I've wanted to ask this. When did you stop your Son & Daughter from seeing each other naked? My Son is 6 & Daughter will be 2 over the summer. He obviously knows the difference but doesn't really care & loves to dance around naked when he comes home from school before he changes or takes a bath. She hasn't noticed yet & just laughs at his antics. I only had sisters so it was no issue seeing each other. We are not a modest family but I don't know what other families with boys & girls (younger) do. My concern is really my Daughter seeing her brother. Dumb????

Opinions?? What should I do Mama's?

Don't laugh but I never saw a penis until H.S.! LOL

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 2:06 PM on May. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

• My kids are 9 (girl) & 4 1/2 (two boys) and things have happened pretty organically for us. I think they still have some naked time together (last year an impromptu time in the hose or sprinkler--they would usually just wear swimsuits for that but they got inspired when their dad was watering the garden and got wet in their clothes, then shucked the clothes) and I know the little guys think nothing of seeing their sister if they do, or seeing me change, or whatever. And THEY are comfortable bathing in front of any/all of us in the family, or going without pants in the house, etc. But my daughter for the most part seeks out privacy when she's changing. She is not a stickler for it and doesn't mention it or "insist" on it, but I notice she typically goes off & takes care of business.
    This isn't something I have felt the need to impose, and I haven't worried about it.
    I wouldn't worry about your daughter seeing her brother.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 6:40 PM on May. 22, 2013

• I didnt say no. They beat me to it. One day the oldest (a boy) said he wasnt bathing with his sisters anymore.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:11 PM on May. 22, 2013

• My daughter and son are 9 and 7. They don't see each other anymore, by their own choice. I also have a 3 year old son. My 7 year old son doesn't mind him but my daughter does. It's a natural progression for kids. One day they'll say no on their own.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 2:18 PM on May. 22, 2013

• When they start taking notice of the parts of their sibiling. They'll start to stare or just decide one day they don't feel comfortable anymore. That's when it's time to make sure privacy is enforced
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 2:13 PM on May. 22, 2013

• I guess we're a pretty open household, as far as not making a big deal about who sees what parts of the human body, which we view as normal and natural. When our five-year-old gets to a stage where she doesn't feel comfortable, that will be fine, andwe'll respect those limits. Right now, we have to remind her that if you go outdoors, you always have to be wearing clothes. But I grew up in one of those familie where you pretended you didn't have private parts and had never heard of them, and I don't want that for my daughter.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:42 PM on May. 22, 2013

• When they start noticing. I had thought it would be before now, but my 4 yo son takes no notice of seeing me or his 2 yo sister naked. Maybe it's because we're very open so it's just normal to him? But he has never pointed, asked questions, or stared at anything.
    With my older 3, they were around 4 and 5 when they stopped bathing together.

Answer by missanc at 2:43 PM on May. 22, 2013

• My DD is % and my DS is 3. I am going to stop bathing them together after the summer.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:45 PM on May. 22, 2013

• I don't know. I think that children should be taught modesty at a young age. When it was just me and my daughter, we weren't as modest around the house but, when I got married, I had to buckle down. It's not that I'm worried that my husband will look but I want my daughter to learn to be modest and not just think its ok to be naked around men. I teach both my daughters and my stepdaughter to close the door when they are changing/going potty/showering (I don't let them lock though because I want to be able to get to them if there is an emergency). My husband went camping a couple of weekends ago with his brother and some friends and my stepdaughter was like "Yay! Daddy's not here I can pee with the door opened and watch TV in my underwear!"
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 2:58 PM on May. 22, 2013

• i honestly dont know! ive wondered the same thing. DD will be 5 soon and she helps bathe DS (2). she doesnt care if the world sees her naked haha, so ive got no help for ya. ive heard kids usually will decide for themselves when they want privacy.

if it helps i have a little brother, hes about 3 years younger. i know my mom made us take baths together, i know i saw her change his diapers...but i dont have a single recollection of ever seeing his penis (thank God haha).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:06 PM on May. 22, 2013

• My son is 5 & my daughter is 3! I still let them 2 get baths together.. Neither one pays much attention to each other yet but soon i will no longer let them when they start askin questions! I think its fine as long as neither one is paying any attention!
    tasha9307

Answer by tasha9307 at 4:43 PM on May. 22, 2013