Dog digging

How in the world do you stop dogs from digging?

ldsdragonmom

Asked by ldsdragonmom at 4:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pets

• put their own poop into the hole and cover it up. You will probably have to do it a couple of times but it will help.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• IDK, they sure do love it sometimes.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• What kind of digger do you have ? Some dogs are looking for holes to go down to look for varmints (rats) to catch. They such as Carineterriers are born to dig. Most terriers like to hunt. So they are always on the hunt for something to get. Your pup may just be needing someone to play with, and is looking for something to do. My friend has labs and hers dig all over the yard. Unless she is playing ball or frisbie , or puts the water in the doggy pool they start digging. It may be a good place to get cool, underground ,are like dens and the wolf started that.So you might have to make other play things  for them or make them a big sandbox just for them. She tried putting the poop in the holes , they just make new ones...lol I personally put used cat litter in the ones my dogs make and it has helped  them from digging out along the fence line. so short of putting concret or rocking in the yard, I wish you luck.

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 8:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• man, i dunnnno, but if you ever find out let me know!! i have a one year golden ret, and all he does is dig dig dig!! nothin works for him!! ive tried, sprays, poop, yelling, sending him to his room, tieing him up, distracting him, smackin him, ive even put curry powder on the areas hes already been diggin it..they say that they dont like it, cuz then it gets on their paws and when they go to clean themselves its to spicy for them..plus it makes the sneeze..lol..it was funny to watch..but didnt stop my dog..lol..soo yaaaaaa I HAVE NOOO IDEA!~ but youre not alone!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2009