My sunburn turned into huge fever blisters from cheek to lip.

what can i do to get rid of these nasty things??? my bottom lip is swollen up like a plump grape. i have cold sore blisters on my cheek and above my upper lip and on my bottom lip. i can't show my face in public until these are gone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on May. 22, 2013 in Health

• Perhaps a trip to the doctor for some medicated topical ointments would be in line.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:42 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Sunburn does not turn into fever blisters. Just blisters. I know I can get sun blisters to. I am a curly, red head with very pale skin.
    Time is the only thing that will help. Use sun screen next time. And a hat.

Answer by louise2 at 3:44 PM on May. 22, 2013

• is it a fever blister or sun poisoning?? There is a HUGE difference!! 

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/sun-poisoning

http://www.md-health.com/Fever-Blister.html

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:47 PM on May. 22, 2013

• FUCK! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!!

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:48 PM on May. 22, 2013

• they look just like cold sores. i was in the sun a lot Saturday w/out sunblock. at first i thought they were just sun burn spots but they have developed into cold sores. i look horrific.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:50 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Sounds like you need to see a doctor.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:51 PM on May. 22, 2013

Call your doc then!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:55 PM on May. 22, 2013

•  This works great- but if you don't want to go to the Dr., maybe ask a pharmacist if they can recommend anything else.  GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:09 PM on May. 22, 2013

• If I am out in the sun too long I get fever blisters too. If you get them 3 or more times a year they can put you on prescription meds to stop the outbreaks. I would go to the doctor if they are that bad. Sorry you are dealing with this.
    BadGoat

Answer by BadGoat at 4:12 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Start taking L-Lysene- 1000 mg 4x daily. After they are gone, take one tablet daily for a year and you should never get them again. There is not much you can do other than to let it take it's course. A cold sore will also affect the inside of the mouth. Make sure and rinse with peroxide thourough ( leave in mouth for atleast a minute and up to two ) then rinse- every night. Sterilize everything the fever blister touches.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 4:13 PM on May. 22, 2013