Have any of you ladies been a school bus driver?

If so can you explain what it is like?

I am thinking about being one now that my kids are all in school.

Thanks for your input

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on May. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

• I know in my area they have a class you sign up for and they give the test but you still have to pass a rigorous background check and physical too. You also have a route you follow and you usally start with the high schoolers,elemantary,and last pickups middle schoolers......I like kids but just not that much....I'm actually considering subbing in the school system here,how insane am I?
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 1:45 PM on May. 23, 2013

• ^^^LOL! I think you need A LOT of patience & be able to focus with mayhem going on around you. My Son's Bus Driver is so nice that we made her a flower pot filled with flowers today. We'll give it to her Friday just for being so nice. Go for it!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:15 PM on May. 22, 2013

• No way! Like Kindergarten teachers, I believe bus drivers deserve a special place in Heaven! There's not enough $$$$ in the world! :p Not trying to discourage you, I do know there's a driving test involved, but I don't think it's realistic- they don't include a bunch of screaming meemies during the test! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:32 PM on May. 22, 2013