Do you live in the Dallas area? Where should I live?

I am considering moving to  Dallas, TX. I would prefer a place that isn't too expensive. I am a pharmacy tech & I would be looking for a job. I want it to be a diverse area with good schools. Anyone live in the Dallas area, or areas in/around  that they are familiar with and would recommend? I'm starting to do some research, but it would be nice to have some input from actual people who're from the area. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on May. 22, 2013 in Travel

• Plano might be a good place to look. I think their school systems are pretty good. Lewisville is also decent, but you would want to look in different areas for the quality of schools. I think on the whole they are all pretty good, but you have a few that aren't so great. Look on Trulia to see what might work out for you. Flower Mound is expensive, but the schools are great. Grapevine might be more affordable, but I don't know about the schools.
    First you should consider where you will probably be working. Then look for areas around likely employers to see what their local schools are like. When you get closer to Dallas the school zoning can get a little more inconsistant and something as simple as a block can make a big difference.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:47 PM on May. 22, 2013

• The truth is that the DFW area is so large that it's really best to find a job first and then move to the best school district you can afford close to it. Because you could end up getting a job that takes an hour to drive to in traffic after you already moved.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:25 PM on May. 22, 2013