Do you get alot of solicitors at your door in the Summer?

They're driving me crazy already!! First it was those pushy meat vendors (PA Prime) and then 2 very unprofessional looking men came to the door with a folder wanting to talk about saving money by switching to their power supplier that they "just bought a franchise of" (Part Power) and days before that I got a phone call saying someone would be in my area to talk about saving on power and so-forth. NOW I got another recorded call saying someone would be in my area to inspect my home for safety to avoid a robbery. I'm putting a NO SOLICITING sign on my door because NOBODY is trying to get in here to show me anything. I'm sick of it. Can't even play in the yard without random strangers pulling up and bombarding us with whatever they're selling. Oh and next I'm sure every church in a 10 mile radius will be stopping to tell us about their Church Camp and the same old stuff they do every. single. year.

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 8:54 PM on May. 22, 2013 in Money & Work

• Yeah just be careful because there are criminals posing as cable, security, and utilities salesmen who will force their way into your home once you open the door. Yell through your door or from a window above instead. We put a sign next to our door saying: "Solicitors UNWELCOME. Police will be called." It works, though we occasionally get one person that ignores the sign and rings the door anyway. We just don't answer it. I don't answer the door unless I'm expecting someone, but I do look from another window in case it's someone I do know, like a kid in our neighborhood who might need help. One of our neighbors put an NRA sticker next to his door, which also seems to work.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:56 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Yes, tons and it drives me crazy.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:18 PM on May. 22, 2013

• That is the nice thing about living on a military base, the only solicitors are neighborhood girls selling girl scout cookies, or HS kids raising money for track (or whatever).
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:57 PM on May. 22, 2013

• I've only had one person come to my door and that was a JW lady trying to get me to go to some conference.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:01 PM on May. 22, 2013

• No more than usual and I have a sign up. I guess they feel disrespecting my rights is not as important as getting a sale or their message out. But I don't answer the door anymore. If its not the police, fed ex, ups, or anyone I'm expecting then I just ignore them. I don't need meat, pest control, magazines, security system, my lawn cut, a vacuum, or join a church.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:06 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Not really. Only the JW ladies & I say hello because they've been coming for so long even though they know I'm not joining them. If anyone else comes uninvited then I don't answer anyway & if they see me through the glass I'll just yell "go away!" LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:24 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Nope. I put up a sign around October of last year. No Solicitors. I haven't had one since.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:24 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Nope, not here... plus I don't answer the door even if they knock. I've sat right where they can see me in the window and just looked up and smiled, then gone back to what I was doing. If I don't expect or know you I'm not coming to the door... period!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:42 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Just a few for the newspaper and Cable TV service. There's one small perk to being blind--I just tell them I don't read or watch TV, which is a half truth, and they stutter all over themselves and go away.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:43 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Yes at the door in the mail even with no Soliciting signs all over the place and a gate. I never open the door for them t.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 4:57 PM on May. 23, 2013