If your child is in cheerleading (little girls) or gymnastics.

How much does it cost? I am just trying to find out if these prices are reasonable or not.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 8:59 PM on May. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

• my son was in gymnastics, one night a week for 45 minutes and it was like $122 a month.. ridiculous in my eyes
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:17 PM on May. 23, 2013

• my 6 year old is in cheerleading. registration was $15 and its $6, pay as you go. i like it because even though it lasts the entire summer season, it's non committal so i can pull her out if she ends up hating it. her uniform was $35
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:08 PM on May. 22, 2013

• $6/week**
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:09 PM on May. 22, 2013

• OK, yeah, much cheaper than what they are asking here. It is $50 a month, $100 for uniform, plus I would need to buy all white shoes, the special shorts they want and white t-shirt (not worried about that one) for an extra cost of about $50 more.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 9:10 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Daughter pays $88.00 a month for the two girls. They go once a week. It gets more expensive if and when they join team because they practice more. I remember my oldest going three to four times a week and for her alone, it was about $100.00 a month.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:23 PM on May. 22, 2013

• The $50 a month isn't the part that bothers me, that is practice twice a week, I think that is reasonable. It's the $100 for the uniform that I think is a bit excessive. My roller derby uniform wasn't even that much!
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 9:27 PM on May. 22, 2013

• My kids aren't in Cheer leading... but that sounds about what I've heard other parents complain about around here
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:39 PM on May. 22, 2013

• My daughter did gymnastics for a couple of years. We paid around $300 a session. That was 1 hour, twice a week, for 13 weeks.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:14 PM on May. 22, 2013

• My dd did upward cheerleading - $100 for the 10 week season. But I've looked into gymnastics - around $50/month

Answer by missanc at 6:00 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Depending on where you live and what season you are going to have your daughter cheer for. My daughter does both Football $70 and Basketball $50. They get to keep uniform or if you have a current fitted uniform you get a wind suite. They get gifts at end of season along with trophy and certificates. Her Cheer coach is awesome. Very involved with the girls and the girls love her. They do it just for fun and not competition on if they can cheer or not. Other places around our area have tryouts and cost well over $100 and don't get to keep their uniform.
    Femommy

Answer by Femommy at 1:14 PM on May. 23, 2013