keeping my 3 month old entertained

My son will be 3 months old in 4 days. I was just wanting some suggestions on keeping him entertained throughout the day. We spend time playing on the floor, on his belly, and playing with the dogs. I try to keep him entertained as much as I can, but feel like sometimes I'm boring him. I hate to say it, but sometimes he just likes to sit on my lap and watch tv, is that bad?? Any suggestions??

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 4:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That isn't bad. Keep in mind that the time your baby spends on his own is just as valuable as the time you spend with him. He'll learn to entertain himself if you leave him to his own devices for short periods throughout the day. Looking at the wall or a brightly colored toy can be rather entertaining for a 3 mo. old. Sitting on your lap enjoying some down time is great for him. My daughter really liked Baby Einstein DVDs at that age (still does). I don't put them on often, but for short periods on occasion, they really enjoy it. (Especially the ones with animals! Baby Noah and World Animals are favorites). Learn some kids songs..especially ones with hand motions - they love it! Make faces at him...stick out your tongue...make funny noises...babble (even if he isn't babbling yet...it is a great first communication). Do you have a baby gym for him? He'll probably only use it for another month or two but they're cool
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Buy him a jumperoo, he'll spend lots of time entertaining himself in it.
    z16squirt

Answer by z16squirt at 6:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2009