Where did we go wrong?

My daughter is singing "call me maybe" all the time!! She is 2 and half, she shouldn't even though that crap. LOL, I am somewhat joking on the "where did we go wrong", but only somewhat. You try to teach them to appreciate the good stuff, but I guess her daycare providers have worn off on her (that would be the only place she would listen to crap like that).

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 9:25 PM on May. 22, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My 6yr old keeps going around singing "Crack 'em gangam gangam style" from the Pistachio commercial, I want to slap him sometimes!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:24 PM on May. 22, 2013

• I'm pretty sure she's just preparing you for the teen years. DD is obsessive about Imagine Dragons and 30 Seconds to Mars. I'm glad she has decent taste in music, but if I hear Radioactive one more time my head might just explode.

Right now I'm torturing her with 1980's videos to help her with a social studies project. You should have seen the look on her face when I showed her some Culture Club
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:39 PM on May. 22, 2013

• You'd be surprised - for the longest time when DS was around 2, this was his favorite song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBiT0S32ZA8

Wasn't anything he heard from anyone - it was in a really flashy, animated commercial.  Every time it came one he'd go tearing for the tv, no matter what room he was in, so eventually I got the whole song for him.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:34 PM on May. 22, 2013

• My 3 yr old sings it all the time. Yesterday she was serenading everyone in Kroger with it.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:36 PM on May. 22, 2013

• LOL, with mine it's either that or a "Cherry Jam" song from "Strawberry Shortcake". Or a "Winx Club" song.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:44 PM on May. 22, 2013

• When my DD was small Weezer was playing in the car and somehow she picked up. My auto-mobile is a piece of crap....and she would repeat that everywhere we went and the more we told her that was not ok or the more people stared she would go on and on. We finally just ignored her and she stopped. good-times lol
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 10:11 PM on May. 22, 2013

• My five-year-old does the song from the pistachio commercial, too!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:46 PM on May. 22, 2013

• LOL, there is only so much "here's my number so call me maybe" I can take in a day. She only redeems herself by also knowing a Toby Keith song, but she doesn't sing that one half as much as the annoying one I can't stand.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 9:37 PM on May. 22, 2013

• LOL, I know Cherry Jam. DD loves "Strawbuddy Shortcake". One day it was on and we were leaving, she went up to the TV and said "bye Strawbuddy Shortcake, I see you later". LOL
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 9:55 PM on May. 22, 2013

• I freaking love that song! My little girls love that too and they dance around and sing it all the time. What's wrong with the song? It's cute.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 5:23 AM on May. 23, 2013