My 3 year old girl wont stop freaking out about her skinned knee

It is driving me crazy. It was two weeks ago. She refuses to take a bath. She wont change her pants. I have to change them while she SCREAMS bloody murderer and cries. She is only peeing when it is near emergency and she will only pull her pants down a couple inches.

What the heck do I do? She does not want to see her owie. I tried to get her in the tub just now but pretty sure if I had even pinned her down to get her pants off the screaming would have caused neighbors to call the cops.

This is awful. She is dirty. She is going to get a UTI from holding it so long.

There is a band aid over it. You cant even see the scratches. It doesn't matter. She is freaking out.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 10:13 PM on May. 22, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Did you kiss it? My DD freaks out about all her "owies" until I kiss them for her, then she gets over it.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:15 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Take her to the pool she will be so excited and won't think about her knee and if she does throw her in, also remember you are the boss yelling or not take control. Let her freak out it's temporary. good luck
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 10:17 PM on May. 22, 2013

• Throw a 3 year old in the pool?!?!?!? Are you crazy?
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:18 PM on May. 22, 2013

• She wont let me near her knee if I tried to kiss it I would get kicked in the face.

I don't want to traumatize her over a stupid skinned knee. You guys haven't heard these screams. They are intense. To the point where I asked her if anyone had been hurting her. She looked at me like I was stupid for that one. I am the only one who is ever alone with her and I sure don't hurt the booger
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 10:20 PM on May. 22, 2013

• She would say no thank you if I took her to a pool. ( it is pouring rain this week anyways)
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 10:22 PM on May. 22, 2013

• My 3 yr old is okay with the "boo-boo kiss". I don't really know what to say. But, if my kids are dirty and need a bath they get one, regardless of screams. I even put my oldest in the tub with clothes once when she refused to take hers off, because I knew she'd hate having wet clothes and would then take them off.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:26 PM on May. 22, 2013

• I would say just stick her in the shower and do it fast. Yes she will scream, but she needs to get clean.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:28 PM on May. 22, 2013

• I think she needs some "magic" to take it away!
    Think tooth fairy or magic potion!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:57 PM on May. 22, 2013

• What about a Band-Aid with a cartoon character on it? Or doing some kind of face paint on her leg so it looks pretty around the Band-Aid?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:20 PM on May. 22, 2013

• have you tried to bribe here lol?? something REAL good she'd like? hey it might work....that scared her it must of stung alot!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:27 PM on May. 22, 2013