Could you be a juror on a high profile case? could you do it?

It would be hard for me to be away from my family, I'd be miserable I think.....YOU?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 11:13 PM on May. 22, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:14 PM on May. 22, 2013

• I have a lot of anxiety when it comes to important decisions. I think I would have a heart attack if I was even considered for jury duty for anything other than traffic violations let alone anything high profile. I don't think they would pick me. I would be in tears just being asked about it. I wish I was kidding but seriously the thought of being in a room deciding someones fate scares the crap out of me.
    Anonymous

• I was on the Carr brothers jury in Wichita, Kansas and three years of therapy finally made the nightmares go away. I have no regrets being on the jury because what I experienced was nothing compared to what the victims experienced. If the surviving victim could testify after being raped, shot and drove over me sitting at the trial was the very least I could do. I will never forget her haunting testimony and the pure unremorseful faces of the Carr brothers.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 23, 2013

• I hope it never happens for me.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:40 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Jury duty doesn't pay enough to make it worth my while. And I know I could never be away from my family that long. The house would fall apart! :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:06 AM on May. 23, 2013

• I would hate it, but if I had to I'd deal with it. I hope it never happens.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:28 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Depends on the case and the charges. Logistically speaking probably not if the jury was sequestered. DH travels a lot and I don't have someone else to stay with the kids. It would cost a lot to have a 24 hour or overnight sitter and jury duty doesn't pay very well. I think it covers parking if you are lucky.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:16 AM on May. 23, 2013

• I wouldn't get picked because depending on the case, I couldn't be totally impartial.... especially if it's a case I've heard a lot about, I tend to have a bad habit of making my mind up before the case goes to trial.... So if I thought they were guilty as sin before it even got to court, I couldn't just easily be open-minded unless they had some GREAT evidence... So in other words... No.. lol
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:13 AM on May. 23, 2013

• The victim "H.G." was on the show "I survived" on the Biography channel. She is one lucky and one extremely tough chick!

She is an amazing woman.
    Anonymous

• Sure, it's my duty as a citizen. I'd have no problem
    snookyfritz

Answer by snookyfritz at 11:30 PM on May. 22, 2013