How much to charge for babysitting 2 kids.

I have 15yrs childcare experience. The children are 2 and 1. I would be providing all food and drinks. I want to charge less than a daycare would obviously. It won't be an everyday thing just a few times a week. I would be potty training one and doing diaper changes for the other while also taking care of my 3 children ages 5, 4, and 5 months. It's been so long since I've done this that I can't remember an acceptable rate. I don't want to over charge but I also don't want to UNDER charge either and not make it worth my time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on May. 22, 2013 in Money & Work

• Call around to some local daycares (centers and home daycares) to see how much they charge for that age group. Once you get an average maybe cut it by 5-10%.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:16 PM on May. 22, 2013

• how many hours?
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:23 PM on May. 22, 2013

• like all day on those days per week?
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:24 PM on May. 22, 2013

• How many hours per day? I pay $100 per week for each child for 40 hours a day, every day.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:02 AM on May. 23, 2013

• for each child for 40 hours a day, every day

AF4life, please tell me the secret to adding more hours to the day, lol. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:04 AM on May. 23, 2013

• LOL, can you tell how tired I am? 40 hours a week....haha....
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:11 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Are you licensed? Do you have a CDA? CPR trained?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:54 AM on May. 23, 2013

• A lot of this is determined by locality. Go to care.com and look at what people pay/charge in your area. Private care for a child is more expensive than daycare because of the smaller group and/or personal attention.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:52 AM on May. 23, 2013

That's not always true. In my state you can't keep kids with out a state certification so people without charge WAY less to get around it. My kids (2 and 6) have been staying in a very good non-certified home for 2 years. I love the family and is is mutually beneficial. I pay her $120 a week for both my kids for 6 hours a day 4 days a week. A certified home would have been closer to $250 a week for both kids...with me packing their lunch!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on May. 23, 2013

• I agree with anon. I used someone non- certified. She charged me $80 ffull time for one child. The cheapest daycare around here is $140. Big difference.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 9:20 AM on May. 23, 2013