URGENT

I've been getting these really bad headaches since i had my daughter almost 4 weeks ago. I'm constantly tired even when I get 8 hours of sleep i feel like i haven't gotten any..and every once in a while when the baby wont stop crying i have these horrible thoughts of hurting her badly. I can't stand that I have them but im so afraid one day ill act on them. Plus ive been so angry at everyone and im never happy anymore...is this normal after pregnancy or could something be wrong with me?

mamatobe1989

Asked by mamatobe1989 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like PPD.

I knows its hard to go to your doctor and tell him/her the things you're feeling. Personally, I was just worried that was going insane and that CPS would try to come and take my baby. I knew I LOVED my baby, but at the moment, I just really couldn't STAND her. And it sounds horrible, but that's really how I felt, and I felt like I couldn't tell anyone, because it just sounds so horrible.

Please tell your doctor. Its important that you're given medications, because PPD doesn't just go away. My oldest DD is 3 years old, and I STILL have it.

You're not a bad mother, you love your baby, and its OK TO FEEL THE WAY YOU DO (just please don't act on your feelings, which I know sometimes is HARD). YOU CAN'T HELP IT. Sweetie, you need someone to talk to, and have a good long CRY. Its OK. Once you feel better, get in contact with your OB/GYN or your regular family doctor.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 4:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Hon, you have post-partum depression. Get help NOW.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 4:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Post Pardum Depression is what it sounds like to me. Go talk to your doctor as soon as you can.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 4:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• get to the Dr. it sounds like post partum depression, there is medication that can help but it is not a magic pill, it takes a few weeks of taking them before you feel the results
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Sounds like post partum depression. I would call your Dr ASAP.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• It is normal, but you should tell your doctor RIGHT AWAY. These are symptoms of postpartum depression which is normal and treatable. But if it goes untreated it can turn into psychosis which is very scary and dangerous. Don't be afraid to tell your doctor about these feelings.

The headaches could also be a side effect of your epi if you had one. You should still mention them to the doctor though. Take care and good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Sounds like you have postpartum depression especially since you say that you have thoughts of hurting your baby. Please call your ob right away! They will prescribe you something and in the mean time find a friend or a relative who can help you out with the baby.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You need to call your doc ASAP...it does sound like post partum depression. I have been there....it is very important that you contact your doctor, today if possible. They won't think bad of you, they see this ALL THE TIME. Just remember, it's not your fault, or your daughter's....it's all hormonal...and there is help out there. You have to take the brave step of seeking it. If you have any questions feel free to PM me...and if you can, read the book called "Down Came the Rain"...its by Brooke Shields....its wonderful. Just knowing that others felt the way I did helped sooo much.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel and I had to get help when my baby was 3 weeks old. My midwife put me on zoloft an anti depressant and now my daughter is 11 weeks and I am so happy. Please go see your dr and don't feel like you're a bad mom. Your dr can help you feel better in no time! A lot of women go through this. Please feel free to email me if you want to talk! Kaitlyn.altman@gmail.com you're gunna be ok though
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Please call and schedule an appt with your OB asap. It's best to be evaluated.
    melody525

Answer by melody525 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009