My dh is always complaining about how the house is never clean or it smells funny?

I get mad and tell him well you do something about it. I hate talking back to him but he knows how to push my buttons. I mean I know our house is not spotless but come on we have two kids plus him...lol
Anyway when I do clean I use bleach in some things and of course it makes the house smell like... clean he says it smells like a hospital...aarrgg! I can't win.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband used to complain ALL THE TIME too....then he started working from home a lot...and realized i bust my butt, but a mom/wife's work is never done...especially with 2 small children at home. I'm assuming your husband works outside the home and doesn't see what goes on all the time...i promise, if he did, he'd change his nagging ways.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• tell him if he thinks he can do better then give it a try.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I clean with vinegar and water 50/50 and straight vinegar on the really bad things. I add a fwe drops of essential oils. When the vinegar dries, there is no smell, jsut the oil. the vinegar disenfects and cleans really well.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• We have a rule in our house. The first time my husband complains about the way I do something, it becomes his responsibility. He said I was shrinking his shirts but I knew I wasn't. I washed them in cold along with my clothes. Mine weren't shrinking. I told him his belly was just expanding and then told him where he could find the laundry soap. His clothes were his responsbility until he apologized and agreed with me. It took a few weeks but hey, it's the rule in our house now. If he doesn't do it after I hand it off to him, it doesn't get done.
    Anonymous

• haha tell him if he doesnt like the way you do then he can... my husband has ocd when it comes to cleaning (seriously)... and i will clean and clean, then he will come home and nit pick... makes me want to beat him...lol.... i tell him then he can do it if i dont do it right

man what i would do to switch with him for one day... he is in the army and training to be a ranger and i know its hard but i would pay to see him do what i do for a day!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i'm so blessed. he never complains and i wait for him to help me clean. although he complains about the cat smell in our house but i do to. wish they would stop spraying and nothing works short of getting rid of the cats. kids won't allow that.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You don't need to clean with bleach if the smell bothers him. There are other disinfectantss that don't smell of bleach. Vinegar and hydrogen peroxide, for example, but don't mix them together because that causes an acid that isn't safe.

Answer by Bmat at 5:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Ask the KING what he wants you to clean with, LOL.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009