• In the Spotlight:

How much rice cereal to put in bed time bottle?

How much should you start my 3 month old in her bed time bottle and what kind of nipple should you use. I use Dr. Bowns bottles , the cereal doesn't come out, I really don't know how to mix it or find what nipple I should you, please reply.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NEVER put cereal in a bottle. Babeis need nothing but breastmilk (formula) for AT LEAST the first 6 months.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• NEVER EVER put cereal in a bottle your baby doesnt need it till they are 6 months 5 months at the earliest..
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• What does it do, the doctor said to give some in her bottle, she has a little reflux he didn't tell me how to do this.
    Anonymous

• You probably shouldn't be giving your baby, baby cereal at this age. I didn't start giving mine till they were 4 1/2 to 5 months. But your the mother so u may do as you choose.
    crazii_gorgeous

Answer by crazii_gorgeous at 4:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• It won't harm ur baby. And if your Dr. told u to give him/her some then you should probably call the office and find out how much.
    crazii_gorgeous

Answer by crazii_gorgeous at 4:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I agree, call your doctor to see what amount to mix per ounce. If its not a significant amount, then it'll come out fine with a Stage 1 nipple. But if its enough that its thick, then try a Stage 2 nipple (although a Stage 2 might be too fast for a 3 month old).
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 4:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Call your dr. and ask how much. obviously there's a reason he said to do it that no one on here knows so they shouldn't be telling you not to do it.

I would just make a quick call to the pediatrician and his receptionist or nurse should be able to guide you.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 4:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

She didn't state that her Dr. told her to do this in the first place. If she had she probably wouldn't have gotten the responces she did. Which is why I responded twice.

crazii_gorgeous

Answer by crazii_gorgeous at 4:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Choking hazard, feed it off a spoon.
    Anonymous

• We did this with my son for acid refux also. We put just a tiny amount maybe a teaspoon full in 4-6oz of formula. I actually cut the nipple a litle so he could get it out. However I will say that it didn't make a difference so I just started giving him cereal on a spoon .
    melody525

Answer by melody525 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009