How do I get rid of diaper rash caused from diarrhea?

My daughter is having diarrhea about 10 times a day and it is making her have bad diaper rash. I have used Butt Paste and Vaseline but neither of them work. What do I do?

ksm05.2912

Asked by ksm05.2912 at 8:57 AM on May. 23, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Desitin regular formula worked best for my kids. Not the creamy because it came off too easily. I never used vaseline and only used Butt Paste a few times.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:04 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Go to the pediatrician and get something prescription strength. It may be a fungal infection which normal creams don't work on. Could be a yeast infection which requires something else too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:06 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Aquaphor

Answer by missanc at 9:52 AM on May. 23, 2013

• The best thing to do is get rid of the baby wipes. They chemicals that are drying out skin more and causing extra chapping. Either use paper towels or a washcloth with warm water. You can just prop your baby on the sink and use the warm water and soap and rinse really well. Then make sure to let her bum dry all the way. Leave her without a diaper for at least 20 minutes after a change.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:59 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Have you talked to the dr. about her going 10 times a day? I'd keep her dry & clean, & use baby powder w/out talc.... it's the best working thing for my kiddos anyway....
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:00 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Have you brought her into the Pediatrician to be checked? Have you called the Dr. yet? What is causing the diarrhea? I would get to the root of the problem poor little thing. Then stop wiping! Rinse her backside gently under warm water in the sink. Pat dry & put on Desitin or something that the Dr. recommends since anything you put there may burn worse now!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:00 AM on May. 23, 2013

• I've used Desitin and Butt Paste and they both worked really well.
    MommyTwice0411

Answer by MommyTwice0411 at 11:02 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Get rid of the diarrhea the rash will go away.

Answer by louise2 at 1:45 PM on May. 23, 2013

• Merjo! It's the best there is. It has a lot of staying power and protects the skin.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:54 PM on May. 23, 2013

• Desitin or balmex. Hopefully it has stopped by now. Push fluids so she doesn't dehydrate.

khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:50 PM on May. 23, 2013