Peeing outside?

I have a year old son that is potty trained and I often let him pee outside. How many other moms let their sons pee outside like when you out in public? Sometimes there just isn't a bathroom around and he's gotta go. He also likes to pee outside when he's at home.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 4:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• shoot I have 4 boys and we live in the country so they are constantly peeing outside,lol.this past ice storm my 3 yr old learned how to write his name in the snow lmao!!!
    stef1976

Answer by stef1976 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• your son is potty trained at 1?!?! how did you do that? im trying to potty train my 2 year old and its not going so well
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• LOL My nephew did this! He went through a phase where he would be too busy playing to want to stop and pee but if we told him he could go outside and go on "his rock" then he would run out and go! Boys have it easy in some ways...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• If it's an emergency I'll let my son pee outside but I try not to make it a habit. Mostly on the side of the road if we're in the car. What if he's with someone else one day and just whips it out! I would be so embarrassed. I don't let him pee in the yard because it really stinks when it rains.
    Anonymous

• I didn't put a 2 in my question. I meant my 2 year old son.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:36 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• lol... why not... there boys... whats the big deal????
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Not in public. LOL! I remember watching a parade and along the drain area on the outside of the curb there was a trickle of water. Turns out a litlte boy had decided to "go." His mom was mortified! :)

Answer by Bmat at 4:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• The only problem is sometimes they don't know when it might not be appropriate. My son peed right on Main Street when he was about three. I had to explain that sometimes it is best to find a little privacy.

Just be glad you have a boy.......it isn't quite as easy with a girl.
    Anonymous

• Please.. My boys pee everywhere... Thats how i taught my oldest to pee... Its awesome to see the look on there faces.. Plus you cant always find a bathroom...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• That's how mine learned to pee. I still let them in the backyard, during the summer, b/c we're in the pool, so rather than trek water and dirt thru the house, they just get out and go around the backside of the pool. I taught them very early, though, that we only do it at home. However, sometimes we are out somewhere where I can't get them to a bathroom; then I just try to give them as much privacy as I can: sometimes, I open a car door and then just take them around the other side to put them back in the car, if I have to.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2009