Is it ok for husband to text other women?

I found a bunch of text messages on my husbands phone from a girl. The girl lives states away and it is one of many people that he plays online video games with. Most of the texts were askung when you going to be on to play game or about video games but a more recent one was a picture of the girl. she was dressed up in like bridesmaid dress and he replied you look nice. But why no side boob shot. Her reply was no sorry. then he replied no side boob, hgow about full boob or a V shot. and she said no never. I confronted him about it and he said it was online joke the people he plays video games with have. I dont find it a joke and find it disgusting that he would text someone that regardless if they never met and she lives 1000 miles away. He acts like it was no big deal and just said sorry but to me it is a huge deal. Am I blowing this out of proportion?

tarragallo

Asked by tarragallo at 9:27 AM on May. 23, 2013 in Relationships

• Your husband sounds like a real douche.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on May. 23, 2013

• If you are blowing this out of proportion, then I am the wrong one to ask because I would be ripping him a new ass hole.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:30 AM on May. 23, 2013

• I would be also concerned with a full grown man involved too much in video games.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:32 AM on May. 23, 2013

• that is not game joking. Call her up and ask her tp stop talking to your husband and tell hubby if you catch him again he can go sleep on her couch.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:35 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Absolutely NOT!!

Answer by older at 9:40 AM on May. 23, 2013

• No that's not okay. The girl shouldn't have sent the pic but your dh sounds like the one who was pursuing things. Again - not okay!

Answer by missanc at 9:41 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Def. not over-reacting!! Did you ask dh how he would feel if the table's were turned & you were texting some guy & asked him for dirty pic? Or another guy asked you for a boob shot? Seriously.... not cool!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 9:46 AM on May. 23, 2013

• My husband is 24 and i have brought up about being too old to play so much video games but its the only thing he enjoys doing. I also did ask how he feel if the tables were turned and gave him scenerios and asked if he would be ok with that. All he had to say was that its not the same because its a joke.
    tarragallo

Comment by tarragallo (original poster) at 9:50 AM on May. 23, 2013

• You need to make him fully understand that it isn't a joke to you, & that would totally be the same, if the tables were turned.... Let him know that it hurts & worries you, & that it needs to stop now! If he's unwilling to stop texting this chick, then I"d send her a text letting her know that I was really upset about their exchanges & I'd appreciate it, if she'd delete his number & stop responding to him...... *hugs* It's a crappy situation, I understand what you're going through, & feel for you completely!! I don't care if your dh is 24 or 64, he needs to respect you & your feelings! This situation could cause a lot of problems for you guys, & lead to something that can't be undone, whether it's w/ this chick or w/ another...
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:29 AM on May. 23, 2013

• Maybe I'm the only one, but I would leave him. There's no telling what else he's done or is doing if he thinks, as a married man, that it's okay to even text other women especially with bad intentions.
    MommyTwice0411

Answer by MommyTwice0411 at 10:45 AM on May. 23, 2013