Medroxyprogesterone?

I am wondering if anyone out there has taken medroxyprogesterone before. My doctor gave it to me last week and I have been taking it every day but nothing is happening. The only thing I can feel is happening is my hormones are acting weird. One minute everything is ok and the next I am either depress, excited, or wanting to put my daughter down for a nap so my fiancee and I can be alone.(if you know what I mean) I just don't know what is going on. Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Health

• I was on progesterone (don't know if it was Medroxyprogesterone or not). I was on it to regulate my period so that I could get pregnant. I took it for a week or two (I think) and then my period would start. It was just a way to restart my system since I was having trouble getting pregnant. I didn't notice my hormones being out of whack, but it's been awhile since I was on it.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I just googled this and found that you can not take this while pregnant and that probably means that it is not natural and your body isn't liking that foreign substance in there. That is just my oppinion because I have taken progesterone cream for many years off and on. I read a great book on it and visited the author's web site and read other sights on it as well. If you are interested I can give you info on the brand that I take and the info on where to get it. It really helps to eliminate those problems that you mentioned. Another good supplement for the female reproductive system is red raspberry. Pm me I would love to talk to you about all that I have learned and help where I can.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 5:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• It's a birth control pill...what are you expecting to happen? It's going to mess with your hormones.
    Anonymous