I'm 21 weeks and 2 days and I still haven't felt my baby move yet. I'm just curious is this normal? I know that everything that I've read says that I should've felt the baby at 20 weeks and I did but I havent felt him again since. I just don't want to worry myself for nothing, any advice?

Baby_Mikeys_Mom

Asked by Baby_Mikeys_Mom at 4:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dont stess he is stil pretty little and you may not feel regular movements till about 24 or 25wks. soon those little kicks we get happy about turn into big huge kicks that actually hurt lol. if you are super worried call your dr.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Nothing to worry about,not every woman feels their baby at the same time and most books say inbetween 20 and i think 24 weeks.It just depends on your body.I didnt really feel mine til i was almost 23 weeks pregnant and im a little over 30 weeks and sometimes i beg her to stop lol.Good luck hun and stop stressing
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I didn't feel any kicking until about 23 weeks and I have 3 little ones. I worried too around the 20 week frame but I think only because I was more excited to start feeling the movements. Don't worry just wait it out.
    mom858

Answer by mom858 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I was late feeling my kids move also. Sometimes I wonder if I just missed it at first. I'm sure everything is fine and congrats!
    melody525

Answer by melody525 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• If its your 1st you might not notice it, its starts of as quick flutters, then once he/she is more developed within the next 2weeks you'll get the forceful kicks. I had to go back after I had my son and think about the flutters I felt@16weeks that when I realized I felt him moving not then and there when it was actually happening. I think I was about 5 1/2 months when I could really feel it. You can go to about.com , look on the right at topics, click on pregnancy, thenclick on due date calculator,and put in your last menstral date.it'll give you a pregnancy timeline. Where it says quickening it'll have a date next to it. Thats when you should be able to distinguish baby movement. It doesn't have to be that same date but around that time.
    JewelandJoseph

Answer by JewelandJoseph at 5:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Don't worry yourself just yet. Sometimes it takes some moms longer than others to feel baby move regularly.
    And another thing that may stop you from feeling movement as much as another mom is the placement of the placenta. Sometimes the placenta can inhibit you from feeling movement.
    Don't worry! I'm sure both of you are fine and within a few weeks, you'll be wondering what it was like to sleep without a hand/foot reaching out and grabbing you. lol. :o)
    amaydaisy

Answer by amaydaisy at 5:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You may actually feel your little one move, and not even realize that thats what you are feeling. The movements are so very faint that you may easily brush it off as gas. However, I didn't really feel (or know I was feeling) my baby girl move until I was about 22 or 23 weeks. It isn't anything really to worry about.
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 8:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Don't stress to much because the baby can sense that. My first one kicked the crap out of me, my second didn't move hardly at all, and my third was the same way. So don't worry yourself all pregnancys are different.
    shabrown907

Answer by shabrown907 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009