Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I need some relief

I broke down and went to the ER because I've been in a lot of pain.
This pain is in the lowest part of my back and radiates through my pelvic area,and then I get a lot of pain in my legs. They did an ultrasound the ladies said it would be awhile they had to send the ultrasound to another place,the doctor came in three minutes later and said everything looked good,accept I should go see gyno. Whats the point in seeing one if my ultrasound is fine??
Maybe I'm being difficult but I'm so tired of this pain,it's getting harder every day to work and do anything including sleep.
I think I might have something wrong with my uterus,fibroids,or something just not sure and now I give up.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 23, 2013 in Health

Answers (9)
  • I think I might have something wrong with my uterus

    So then the next logical step would be to go see your Gyno like the ER doc suggested.

    Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:36 AM on May. 23, 2013

  • I know the feeling.... I was in a car accident and herniated a disc at L-4 &5. I understand how hard and frustrating it is. What you need is to go through the medical process including an X- Ray and an MRI. It could be something that you aren't considering. Possibly a good visit to a Chiropractor could solve everything and start to heal. It could be a vertebrae out of place which is pinching a nerve. Time will heal things and until then you need to seek answers and isolate bending at your back.

    Answer by LeJane at 11:43 AM on May. 23, 2013

  • they did an ultrasound of my uterus. The doctor had the worst bedside manner. I'm gonna try that LeJane..

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:53 AM on May. 23, 2013

  • An ER dr isn't isn't a specialist in gynecological medicine. The ER doctor suggested you follow up with a specialist to rule everything out. Maybe there's more tests the gynecologist can order.

    Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:54 AM on May. 23, 2013

  • My gyno can't see me till july 5th

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:55 AM on May. 23, 2013

  • So what you just want someone to write you a script for no reason?Sorry

    Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:29 PM on May. 23, 2013

  • Some of those emergency room doctors don't have the best bedside manners, but don't let him rattle you. Follow up with your gynecologist. In the meantime, have you tried a heating pad on your back?

    Answer by Ballad at 1:01 PM on May. 23, 2013

  • wow kristi,no I want to know what's wrong with me.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:23 PM on May. 23, 2013

  • I would try to find a regular doctor who can see you sooner. Really do the research on review sites like I hate hospitals and doctors but I've found a few good doctors through reading review sites. Look for a detailed website and usually one that has several locations. Then, call them to see if there are any cancellations and if they could fit you in sometime soon. Sometimes, nurse practitioners are better than physicians and can take more time to explain things to you. I had one that spent about 30 mins with me and answered all my questions, which is rare. I've always had good results from nurse practitioners. Some of them tend to give more home remedy and alternative medicine advice as well, which could save you money. Doctors usually focus on being able to bring income so they're less likely to do that.

    Answer by hellokittykat at 11:43 PM on May. 23, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.