Does your toddler have to have stuff in their cup?

My Son has to have either milk, juice, water, etc.... in his cup. When it is empty he will shake it and go to the refrigerator for me to put more in it. If I don't he will throw a fit. He drinks a lot though out the day.

Femommy

Asked by Femommy at 1:08 PM on May. 23, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got my daughter to start early on drinking lots of water, so she usually has a cup going the same as I do throughout the day. She also likes to chew on crushed ice now that she's old enough not to choke on it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:24 PM on May. 23, 2013

• Not really but when they are that age they like routine & everything always has to be the same so he just always wants his cup full because that's how Mommy usually does it. Little creatures of habit. My kids are like that in other ways. My Daughter is that age now & I am a neatnick. So if she sees a crumb or fuzz on the floor she'll call me over to pick it up! LOL! She gets very upset to see garbage on the ground if we go out shopping too. She'll say "Oh NO!" & point!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:45 PM on May. 23, 2013

• No. My kids were never allowed to walk around with their cups. If they wanted to drink, they had to sit at the table.

Answer by missanc at 2:05 PM on May. 23, 2013

• It's normal my son does the same thing ;)
    Nicolefrisch815

Answer by Nicolefrisch815 at 3:47 PM on May. 23, 2013