Tattoo consultation?

When you make your appointment, do you do the consult the same day you get the tattoo or should there be a consult the day before?

I went in to make my appointment, but the artist didn't draw anything up then, she wrote down in her appointment book what I wanted and that was it. Shouldn't there be more to it in the way of what she needs to draw to prepare?

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 1:33 PM on May. 23, 2013 in Just for Fun

• When I got mine, I talked to the artist, told him what I wanted, he did a stencil, then I approved it and got my tattoo(s). that's how it went down every time I went to see him. (I have 3 tattoos, for now)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:36 PM on May. 23, 2013

• There was for me. I"m getting one covered up. I went in, talked to the artist about what I wanted covered up, what aspects I wanted to keep, what things I liked, what I didn't like and what I was thinking. Over the next couple of weeks I;d check in every few days to see how things were going and bring in pictures of what I liked.I need to make the final appointment to get it finished.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:36 PM on May. 23, 2013

• Some do it the same day as the actual tattoo.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:38 PM on May. 23, 2013

• A little of both - gave him some source drawings to get the idea of color and design the week before, and he had the finished design ready for me to look at for my appointment.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:00 PM on May. 23, 2013