Yeah,but do you need the bus?

I recently had my son's IEP meeting at school,and the teacher mentioned that we qualify for transportation once again. I tell her no,we won't need it this Fall,we live 2 blocks from the new school. Short blocks actually. She says,So you don't want the bus then? No,we'll be walking. What's the point of getting him on the bus at 7 am,and have him ride around for an hour when I can literally see the school from my house? lol
I just thought it was funny because they kept saying that we could change our minds,the cutoff for the application isn't until June 30th
Who is THAT lazy??

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 1:47 PM on May. 23, 2013 in Just for Fun

• There are a lot of lazy people out there.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:54 PM on May. 23, 2013

• You'd be surprised. And sometimes it's not lazy, it's a matter of who has to work & at what time. They have to offer you the services he is entitled to have. Good that you are saving the district some money & getting some exercise to boot! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:52 PM on May. 23, 2013

• You're right. My Son's school is about 4 miles away & he has to ride the bus for 45 minutes. He complains about it when it's warm out since the bus gets so hot. I drive him occasionally & it takes 10 minutes max but I have to get the baby up & out too so it's easier for him to take the bus. But a bus for 2 blocks?? I am surprised they even offer it. Maybe if someone has a baby at home & the weather is really bad (no car) & she doesn't want to schlep out the baby in the snow. Then I can see why. In bad weather my DH takes my truck so I have to cover the stroller with a rain cover & trudge in the snow & it sucks but he drives 30 miles to & from work.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:55 PM on May. 23, 2013

• Some parents work and do not have time to wanl their child to school. It would be easier to put the child on the bus.

Answer by louise2 at 1:54 PM on May. 23, 2013

• I wish we could get bus service. If our house was 50 feet further down the street, we'd be outside the "walk zone". Instead I have to drive him because we have no sidewalks, hardly any lights, and lots of twisty, icy roads between the house and school in the winter. Instead they require us to turn in the form "declining" bus service that we're not allowed to have.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:54 PM on May. 23, 2013

• I'm still trying to figure out how to get my daughter on the bus for all-day kindergarten next year. I know there is one, and it goes right by where we live, but nobody can seem to give me answers of where to go or who to talk to. It would be easier for me to put my daughter on the bus even though the school isn't that far to walk because I have a disability and struggle with icy sidewalks and piles of snow when traveling in the winter. So you can't get your district to leave you alone about the bus, and I can't get mine to talk to me about it. Go figure.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:41 PM on May. 23, 2013

• They know he's my only and that I'm a SAHM

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 2:01 PM on May. 23, 2013