10,000 troops to Afganistan?

You know, I am so glad that Obama wants to end the war in Iraq. But what was that thing he was talking about bringing the troops home? Are we seeing a little hypocrisy here? Why no outrage at this news?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh so are you saying Obama is a typical politician? Oh no! How shocking.

LOL, that about sums it up eh? Anyway, we NEED to continue the fight on terrorism. I thought he was a madman when he said he was going to pull all our troops out. This is one promise of his I'm GLAD to see him breaking!

MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 5:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Because it's where we should have been all along.
    Anonymous

• Anon 4:33--so THIS war is ok, then?! All-righty then! I'll just try and remember that when people start complaining about Obama reneging on yet another campaign promise.
    Anonymous

• I wonder when he will be responsible for 'air raiding villages and killing innocent civilians'? My guess is very soon.
    Anonymous

• Why there needs to be outrage about THE NEWS???? Afghanistan is a safe heaven for terrorists. We need to do something about the situation there.
    Anonymous

• He did promise to remove the troops from Iraq. Guess people just missed the part of moving them to Afghanistan. No need to be mad and snippy. He did say this way back when. Was in his campaign talks and travels.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• But I guess letting a tyrant run his murderous ways, killing several hundred thousand of his own citizens would have been a good idea? I guess it's true, if you agree with the politician you have to agree with all of their policies, even if you disagree with the fundamentals (like war). Why is it okay for Obama to launch a campaign in Afganistan, but it wasn't okay for Bush to go looking for WMD's in a country that would likely use those weapons against us?
    Anonymous

• I think foreverb3 would make a great White House spokesperson...there are going to be a lot of very unhappy families of servicemen and women who didn't hear the "fine print!"
    Anonymous

• Afgan. is a VERY dangerous place.... my husband spent 15 months there on the front lines!!! and he said its real crazy there.....we need all the troops we can get there!!

but i don't get it.. i thought he was bringing troops home??
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Considering my husband is getting ready to deploy to Iraq for 15 months, along with 6 other Companies. I don't see Obama lightening up on Iraq either.
    Anonymous