Do your kids like to read?

My daughter and I read The Never Girls "in a blink" and it was very good. She enjoyed it so much you could see her lighten up at times. When I got ready to put it up she asked me not to and to keep reading. I highly recommend this book to all Girls for a summer read. Also there "the space between" which we will be starting tonight and "A Dandelion Wish" which comes out in July. These are also The Never Girl books.

Femommy

Asked by Femommy at 2:13 PM on May. 23, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Does my kids?

Yes they does.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:15 PM on May. 23, 2013

• LOL typo..... Do your Kids.
    Femommy

Comment by Femommy (original poster) at 2:19 PM on May. 23, 2013

• My 5th grader is into the Dork Diaries right now. Before that, she was reading Judy Moody. She likes to read books (not on her Kindle), she works on her music & writing her own stories, & then will go out to play :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:21 PM on May. 23, 2013

• I had my 9 year old start the Narnia series... he seems to like it.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:23 PM on May. 23, 2013

• My kids are HUGE readers. And fortunately/unfortunately they all read way above grade level. it was fun at first, but by the time the older 2 got to 5th grade, it was harder to find something that held their interest and didn't have a ton of inappropriate material.

Now the older ones are having fun suggesting books for their 8 yr. old brother. He loves Harry Potter and the Percy Jackson books. He just discovered the Warrior series, and is thinking about giving some Animorphs a try.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:34 PM on May. 23, 2013

• My son is a voracious reader. He's been reading since he was 3 1/2, and will stay up for hours after bed time reading if I let him. We're reading the Guardians of Ga'Hoole together - on book 9 our of 14 or 15. He reads anything he can get his hands on, even instruction manuals.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:03 PM on May. 23, 2013

• My son is 10 and reads all the time. I enjoy when he reads to me. ;-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:16 PM on May. 23, 2013

• My daughter seems to go in spurts. At times she'll want to be read to endlessly, and then for a while she won't be interested at all. My stepson reads avidly if he happens to be interested in the author or the subject, but it's not easy for him to find books he likes besides Stephen King.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:29 PM on May. 23, 2013

• He reads, but only if it is a book he really likes! He has to be interested in it or he just gives up on it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:51 PM on May. 23, 2013

• My 8yo constantly has his nose in a book.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:23 PM on May. 23, 2013