What are some Kid friendly crafts?

I'm looking for some good ideas for the kids this summer. What are some fun summer crafts for the kids?

Femommy

Asked by Femommy at 2:18 PM on May. 23, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• How old are kids?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:20 PM on May. 23, 2013

• Do you have a Local Library? Some offer kids craft days for kids of various ages. They also have story time, theme parties, puppet shows & free play if you sign up. It's free too!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:23 PM on May. 23, 2013

• DD and I have been doing window clings and they're a big hit in our home. They look great and you can put them on the windows, mirrors, etc. They're also fun for adults (I've been doing them by myself while she's at school). They look like something you buy from a store and you can use the books they sell to do the outline or a coloring book, or just draw them. I bought mine from Amazon and just recently ordered from the website because they have a little more than what Amazon has. They're by Klutz and you can buy the book which has the paint included or you can buy the paint alone. I love these things!
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 3:51 PM on May. 23, 2013

• I was just looking online, and if you have a Michael's store near you, there are free craft days when you can take your kids.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:26 PM on May. 23, 2013

• Thanks everyone, I'll have to try some of these. My kids are 9,7, and 1.
    Femommy

Comment by Femommy (original poster) at 4:59 PM on May. 23, 2013

• You can decorate bird houses that you buy at Michael's.
    We are doing this as a family. I've gotten a little to into it and have done 2 so far - a beach house and a happy hippie house with a green roof.
    DD is doing a haunted house.
    DS2 is doing a pirate house.
    DH is using corks and bottle caps.
    And DS1 is currently clueless, but he's in finals, so he's excused for the next week.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:43 PM on May. 27, 2013