My son is 19 months has a fever of 100.2 not eating that good or drinking today should I be concerned ?

Nicolefrisch815

Asked by Nicolefrisch815 at 3:46 PM on May. 23, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We should always be concerned about our children.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:52 PM on May. 23, 2013

• 100.2 is nothing to be concerned over and the other things being off would be no surprise with a fever.
    Just keep an eye on him and make sure he is drinking. This is the most important thing you can do. If it rises higher that 102 I would call the Dr.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:56 PM on May. 23, 2013

• Um yea thanks I know but I'm asking if the fever is high?
    Nicolefrisch815

Comment by Nicolefrisch815 (original poster) at 3:57 PM on May. 23, 2013

• @dardenella thank you so much ;)
    Nicolefrisch815

Comment by Nicolefrisch815 (original poster) at 3:58 PM on May. 23, 2013

• This is really a low grade fever, so I wouldn't be too concerned. If Over 102 call the doctor, over 103.5 go to ER.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:19 PM on May. 23, 2013

• The fever is low grade. Fever is the body's way of fighting off infections.

For your peace of mind, call the pediatrician and ask for a refresher on their fever policy. Most places don't even recommend treatment unless the fever is 102 or higher. But ask what to do, what you should look for in his needing to be seen sooner rather than later, and what constitutes an ER visit vs. calling and talking to the on call doc.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:24 PM on May. 23, 2013

• I saw I put 100.2 but it was 102
    Nicolefrisch815

Comment by Nicolefrisch815 (original poster) at 9:37 PM on May. 23, 2013

• IS it hot where you are?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:37 AM on May. 24, 2013

• Yes, 102 is fairly high. Have you given him tylenol/ibuprofen to reduce fever? Is it working? I know with my kids, they would get a 100-102 fever for like a day, and the next day they are perfectly fine. How long has his fever been going on? If it has been less than a day, and stays there or fever is reduced with medication, and nothing else seems wrong, then he should be OK, but if it persists for over 24 hours, you need to take him in. Also, with using medication to reduce fever, he will more than likely be more willing to drink/eat/etc.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:38 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Keep the baby only in a diaper, if it goes up call the doctor and ask for the dosage of Children's Tylenol allowed with your baby's current age and weight in case if the temp goes up you can give it to him.
    Nicollea

Answer by Nicollea at 8:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2013